Tuesday, February 1, 2011, Myrtle Beach - Grand Strand area chefs and professional cooks are being given the opportunity to win a valuable Pelicans baseball prize package, plus a lot of name recognition and bragging rights, in the inaugural Myrtle Beach Pelicans Recipe Challenge.
Pelicans Director of Food and Beverage, Brad Leininger, is inviting his colleagues to submit recipes that would appeal to baseball fans. The dishes much be quick and easy to prepare and simple for hungry Pelicans fans to consume while sitting in a stadium seat. Recipes that exhibit regional flair are encouraged.
The winner will receive:
- A Pelicans Baseball prize package that includes tickets and logo gear.
- The recipe with the chef's name on it will be served at BB&T Coastal Field during the 2011 season in the concessions area as well as the Pelicans Restaurant.
- A year's advertising package for the winning chef's restaurant with the three top independent Grand Strand web news sources: MyrtleBeachRestaurantNews.com, MBScene.com and ListenUpMB.com.
- A gift basket prepared by the three news organizations full of great culinary and beach swag.
How to enter and what comes next:
- The dish must retail for no more than $10, and food cost should be 40 to 50 percent.
- Leininger will select five finalists from all the entries.
- The five finalists will come to BB&T Coastal Field before the season opener to prepare their dishes in a final competition, date and time to be determined.
- Leininger and local American Culinary Federation chefs will select the winner.
- The runners-up will receive consolation prizes.